Back to Top

Petty Cash Reimbursements

Download the Petty Cash Reimbursement Form (.pdf)

Instructions for Petty Cash Reimbursements

  1. The Petty Cash Reimbursement form must be approved by a Dean, Department Head or Vice-President. An original signature is required on the Petty Cash form.
  2. Purchases are the responsibility of the person buying the goods. The university is NOT responsible to the vendor.  This is a reimbursement form only.
  3. Copies of the receipts and the Petty Cash Reimbursement form must be retained by the submitting department.
  4. Original itemized register receipts (invoices, register receipts, credit card sales slips) must be submitted. Copies of these receipts will not be accepted. Receipts over sixty days will not be processed by a Petty Cash Reimbursement. 
  5. Reimbursement is limited to $200.00 per transaction and is available in the Bursar’s Office between the hours of 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM. Please DO NOT MAIL Petty Cash Reimbursements.  All reimbursements must be processed in the Bursar's Office.
  6. Reimbursement for "6" and "8" accounts can be submitted; however, reimbursements cannot be processed from accounts specifically funded by private, restricted (PRF), state (ST), and federal (FED) sources.
  7. The use of the corresponding 4xxx object code is required for use with "6" and "8" accounts.
  8. For business meals only, all names of individuals present MUST be provided on the reimbursement form.
  9. For food purchased for large gatherings (greater than 10 people), individual names will NOT need to be listed.
  10. Listed below are the subcodes available through petty cash reimbursement.
Subcodes Description
3020  /  4020 Instructional Supplies (Excludes Office Supplies)
3021  /  4021 Janitorial and Maintenance Supplies
3027  /  4027 Food and Beverage Supplies (Receptions and Events Only)
3033  /  4033 Repairs
3042  /  4042 Postage
3064  /  4064 Educational Programs
3072  /  4072 Auto Expenses (Oil changes, tires, inspections, etc.)
3077  /  4077 Reproduction
3079  /  4079 Membership Dues
3093  /  4093 Parking, Tolls, and Out of Town Business Meals
3097  /  4097 Non-Travel Business Meals