Benefit Summary Plan Descriptions
A Benefit Summary Plan Description (SPD) is a comprehensive document which advises plan participants and their beneficiaries of their rights and obligations under the plan. The document provides a basic written source of data to employees and their beneficiaries on plan benefits requirements for obtaining benefits and limitations on benefits.
To view the summary plan descriptions and other important notices click on the appropriate coverage link for health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts or 403b retirement account.
The Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs) are in a PDF format (Acrobat Reader) and bookmarks have been established to assist in navigating through the documents. Once the document is opened, click the Bookmark icon on the toolbar and the bookmarks will appear in a window on the left side of the document. Select the appropriate link for information.
UnitedHealthCare Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC's) are available for each plan:
Group Health Plan Information Summary & Certificates of Coverage (Booklet) for UHC medical insurance
Texas Dental Coverage Riders
Aetna Horizon Health
Lincoln Financial Group - Life and AD&D Insurance
- Group Life Insurance - Group Term Life (GTL) Certificate
- Voluntary Term Life
- Retiree Term Life
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) - Employee Only
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) - Family
Lincoln Financial Group - Long Term Disability (LTD)
Lincoln Financial Group - Voluntary Coverages
- QDIA Notice
- Quarterly Investment Update 2020 3rd quarter
- Quarterly Investment Update 2020 3rd quarter- Supplemental Retirement Plan
- 403B Mandatory Retirement Account Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- 403B Supplemental Retirement - TIAA-CREF
- 403B Supplemental SMM - Heart Act
- 403B Supplemental GRA SMM - WRERA
- 403B Mandatory Plan 2021 Amendment SMM
- 403B Supplemental Plan 2021 Amendment SMM
To request a paper copy of a summary plan description for any of the coverages listed above or additional information, please do not hesitate to contact a Benefits Representative in the Human Resources Department at 504-864-7757.