Human Resources Philosophy
|Policy No.:||1-4||This policy applies to:|
|Policy Name:||Human Resources Philosophy||
Consistent with the mission, values, and goals of Loyola University New Orleans, its prudent fiscal management, and its commitment to equal employment opportunity in employment, the University strives to:
- Recruit employees of the highest quality, employing them on the basis of skill, experience, education, training, character and merit;
- Provide the environment, resources and encouragement for employees to have the opportunity to develop spiritually, professionally and personally.
- Promote a culture that is student-centered and develops the whole person;
- Demonstrate cura personalis’, care and respect of each individual, through employment practices that reflect a belief in the human dignity of each person;
- Promote a culture that recognizes and values diversity; and provide compensation, benefits, recognition, and work environment that help attract, retain and motivate high quality employees.