|Policy No.:||8-10||This policy applies to:|
|Policy Name:||Non-Employee Accidents||
Employees are expected to respond appropriately if a visitor, or any non-employee, has an accident on Loyola University New Orleans’ premises.
- Make sure the person is as comfortable as possible without moving him or her.
- Contact the Office of Public Safety by dialing 3434 on a campus telephone, or in case of serious emergency by dialing 911 on a campus telephone.
- Remain with the person until a representative from the Office of Public Safety or the Office of Student Health Services arrives.
- If the visitor does not want to be seen by a Loyola safety or health official, try to obtain the person’s name and telephone number so that he or she may be contacted if necessary.
- Try to obtain the names and telephone numbers of any witnesses who do not wish to remain until a Loyola safety or health official arrives.
- Employees may be asked to give a complete report of the accident so close attention should be paid to events that occurred before, during, and/or after the accident.