About Human Resources
The Department of Human Resources supports the teaching and research mission of Loyola by developing, implementing, and administering Human Resources practices and programs that will attract and engage the highest quality employees and support them in the achievement of their contributions.
Consistent with the mission, values, and goals of Loyola University New Orleans, its prudent fiscal management, and its commitment to equal employment opportunity in employment, the staff of the Human Resources Department strive to:
- Recruit employees of the highest quality, employing them on the basis of skill, experience, education, training, character, and merit;
- Provide the environment, resources, and encouragement for employees to have the opportunity to develop spiritually, professionally, and personally;
- Promote a culture that is student-centered and develops the whole person;
- Demonstrate “cura personalis,” care and respect of each individual, through employment practices that reflect a belief in the human dignity of each person;
- Promote a culture that recognizes and values diversity; and
- Provide compensation, benefits, recognition, and a work environment that helps attract, retain and motivate high-quality employees.
We are an essential campus unit, dedicated to working with Loyola management and employees to ensure effective, efficient, appropriate, and equitable Human Resources programs and strategies are consistently practiced in all University departments and divisions. We are committed to providing HR functions within a fast-paced team environment that is fully responsive to the rapid changes taking place in higher education.
Find out more about the Department of Human Resources' support of the Loyola mission through: