Faculty & Staff Benefits Open Enrollment
Faculty & Staff Benefits Open Enrollment
Our annual Open Enrollment for benefit elections will be October 30 - November 10, 2023. Please take this opportunity to make changes or review your benefit options for 2024. This year will be a passive enrollment process, meaning that all benefits-eligible
You can check your benefits summary on LORA Self Service for your current election information.
The 2024 Benefits Guide is located on the open enrollment webpage.
How to Enroll Instructions - this is your guide to making changes to your benefits easy. These instructions will walk you through steps for completing your online enrollment in LORA Self Service.
- UnitedHealthcare continues to be our medical provider for 2024. You are still offered four plan options. You may review the Summary of Benefits & Coverage here: Core, Basic, Plus, and HDHP.
- In 2021, a new tier for the Ochsner network was added to the Core, Basic, and Plus plan options. This network offers enhanced benefits when you use an in-network Ochsner provider. See included grid for details.
- Tier 1 Ochsner Health Network Hospitals
- Urgent Care centers
- Member Resources (Dedicated Concierge Team, Discounted rates at Ochsner Fitness Center)
- LIG Solutions flyer: LIG Solutions is a Gallagher Benefits Services partner. LIG is available to you for understanding what options you have for Medical insurance, including considering options outside of Loyola's offered plans (i.e. Marketplace options).
- Family Glitch Flyer: This flyer summarizes what is known as the Family Glitch and how you can determine if your dependents (spouse and/or children) are eligible for a Marketplace subsidy. Please take a moment to review this flyer and the examples provided for determining your family's eligibility. This information will also be covered during the 2024 Open Enrollment presentations.
Prescription Drug Coverage
Effective January 1, 2023, pharmacy benefits moved from RxBenefits/Express Scripts to Elixir/Payer Matrix. With this change, Loyola introduced an Alternative Funding method for eligible specialty drugs, that may result in a savings for qualified members. Elixir/Payer Matrix will be reaching out to those who qualify.
Beginning in 2024, we will be adding a third dental plan option - an additional DPPO plan. Coverage premiums and plan designs for the two current dental plan options will remain the same for 2024.
The new DPPO plan option will be the "Middle Tier" plan option and will have lower premiums and different coverage levels than the current DPPO plan. Plan details are outlined in your 2024 benefits guide.
2024 Dental Plan Summaries:
Cigna dental ID cards will now be digital only. Cards may be accessed through mycigna.com or the myCigna mobile app.
Providers can be found on the CIGNA website (http://www.cigna.com)
The vision coverage premium and plan design will remain the same for 2024. AlwaysCare has changed their company name to UNUM. You will not receive new ID cards unless you are enrolling for the first time. You may continue to use your AwaysCare card to receive care.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Don’t forget you must re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) every year. If you wish to participate in a flexible spending account for 2024, you must enroll on LORA Self Service by November 10, 2023. With an FSA you can set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for out-of-pocket healthcare and dependent care expenses.
For 2024, the maximum contribution limit for a Health Care FSA is $3,050. You can set aside a maximum of $5,000 for dependent care expenses. WageWorks will continue to administer this benefit.
For more information about the WageWorks app: EZ Receipts
The Lincoln Financial life and LTD coverage premiums will remain the same for 2024.
Beginning in 2024, any new enrollments in Basic Dependent Life coverage (after first offering of coverage) will require Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
Aflac Voluntary Critical Illness, Off the Job Accident and Hospital Indemnity Coverages
The Aflac will continue to administer the Voluntary Benefits (Critical Illness, Off the Job Accident and Hospital Indemnity) in 2024. You must complete your Aflac enrollment online to elect or waive coverage for 2024.
Health Care Reform requires employees to be provided with standard Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) information so that you may be better able to compare Loyola's plans to other medical plans. A link to the Core, Basic and Plus Medical Plan SBC's can be found on the Benefits Summary Plan Descriptions webpage. This information may make it easier for you to compare our plan to a spouse's employer plan or other coverage, so you can make the best benefits decision for you and your family.
The Open Enrollment Newsletter is available for you to review online.
Medicare Part D Notice of Credible Coverage - A required notice for employees eligible for Medicare or becoming eligible in the upcoming year.
2024 Required Notices - Required notices for health and welfare benefits during the annual open enrollment.