Perkins Student Loan borrowers who are graduating, withdrawing from the university, or dropping below half-time enrollment are required to complete an Exit Interview. The Perkins loan is separate and apart from the Federal Stafford loans and Federal Direct loans, and an Exit Interview is required for all federal loans. Exit interviews provide a complete explanation of repayment responsibilities, and deferment and cancellation benefits.
There will be a hold on all educational records (i.e. diploma, transcripts, etc) until the exit interview is completed.
To complete the exit interview for your Federal Perkins Loan, your will need your social security number (which is used as your account number) and your Heartland Key to log in to your Perkins loan account. If you are not set up in ECSI yet, you need to register and create a new profile in Heartland.ECSI. You should receive your Heartland Key by email from ECSI, but if you don't have it, please contact ECSI by LIVE CHAT or by calling 1 (888) 549-3274. Once you are logged in, you may proceed to the online Exit Interview following these steps:
- Log in to ECSI’s website at https://Heartland.ecsi.net/
- You will need to create a profile within Heartland.ECSI that you will continue to use as you repay your Perkins loan
- Loyola's School Code is M6
- Enter your Social Security Number as your account number
- Once you are signed in, you may need to Connect your account to your profile
- You will need your Heartland Key that you should have received. If you did not receive an email from ECSI with your Heartland Key, please call or LIVE CHAT with ECSI.
- Click Loyola's school name then click View Account. Your exit will be listed under the Documents tab
- You must provide either a driver’s license number, a state-issued ID number, or a passport number
- You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin, and at least two additional references that are not at the same or one of the previously listed addresses
- Be sure to complete the process by electronically signing the document
If you have any questions about your Federal Perkins Loan or the Exit Interview process, please contact the Perkins Loan Office at 504-865-2678 or by email at email@example.com. Please note that this exit counseling is compulsory and your diploma and transcripts will be held until it has been completed.
The Federal Perkins Loan is separate and apart from the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Loans. The Perkins loan exit interview is completed at https://Heartland.ecsi.net/. Your other Federal Student Loans also require an exit interview and should be completed at www.studentloans.gov
The Federal Perkins Loan provides certain deferments and specialized cancellation benefits. You must apply for these by reviewing and downloading forms at https://Heartland.ecsi.net/.
Visit your Perkins loan servicer's website at https://Heartland.ecsi.net/ for access to your Perkins Loan account, repayment options, downloadable forms, address changes and to set up monthly payments. All payments should be paid online to Heartland ECSI at https://Heartland.ecsi.net/ or mailed to:
Loyola University New Orleans
c/o Heartland ECSI
P O Box 718
Wexford, PA 15090
If you need further assistance, ECSI’s toll-free phone number is 1-888-549-3274.